Sunday, November 24, 2013

437 Clown Funding









CLOWN FUNDING
I’m a fun guy

This is a group of nine individual paintings. Each painting is 10.25 inches high by 7.125 inches wide. The series is called Nonet II. They are gouache, watercolor and graphite on Arches 140 pound hot pressed watercolor paper.
This series of nine is meant to stay together and be displayed in this order. When the numbered paintings are arranged in the same order as The Lo Shu Magic Square the 0 wins an uncontested game of tic-tac-toe. (Raise your hands in celebration.) 
Each painting was posted individually on posts 331-339 in August this year on this blog.  You can actually enlarge the images on the blog site.
These nine paintings will be properly installed in their own individually handcrafted acrylic frames with a UV filtering face. As a group on the wall they would take up a space approximately 40 inches high by 30 inches wide. 
In the spirit of clown funding (I can laugh at myself) I am willing to pre-sell this framed set for $1,548.00. At $172.00 each this cost is around the cost of framing alone. In my honest and informed opinion this price is about one third of retail. I am selling them to get the materials and framing for more works I want to do. 
I am sorry but this price is only if you can pick them up locally. Shipping elsewhere would of course be an additional cost. I will work to make that as reasonable as possible.
If you are interested in helping me out but do not want the paintings framed I can put them in a portfolio and sell them for $936.00. Once again shipping as reasonable as possible if needed.
If you are not interested in this set I have another set called Nonet that were posted individually on posts 286-294 in Jun/Jul this year on this blog. X wins the uncontested game of tic-tac-toe in Nonet. (Raise your hands again.) I can offer them in this same manner instead of Nonet II if you would prefer. 
I understand that my work does not fit everyones taste or budget. I only ask that if these are not for you but you know of someone who might be interested please let them know.

Clown Funding as always is
first come first served







 

4 comments: