Saturday, January 25, 2014

491












The book is still called "9" and this is the 1st state of page 14.
I am not actually sure why I keep surprising myself. But I do. 
I have been working on paper for a long time. This paper is from the 70s and although it was a student grade paper it is probably a pretty good paper by todays standards. 
It is thin. I think it would be the equivalent of a 70 lb watercolor paper if it was a 22X30 sheet. 
I am working on this paper not stretched and I normally work on blocks or on very thick papers. 
It is also quite a rough paper and I normally work on hot pressed (smooth) papers. 
I haven't changed my aqueous mediums that much. Perhaps I am using a little more paint than normal but I have always used a lot of water.
So basically I am not sure why I keep surprising myself but that is alright. For now.

Now to two more important points.
1.  Please post any advice you may have about how to save this project in the comment section below. I mean it. So far only one person has participated. I obviously need more guidance even if I am going to ignore it. It is bound to help in some way. You know it will.
2.  Anyone who has anything like an Epson Expression 11000XL Photo Scanner that I can have or use please contact me at the email address just below this paragraph. A large format flatbed scanner would make this book project and the continuing posts look much better and be way easier to follow. And obviously there are lots and lots of posts to come. There are more pages to be added and then the page revisions until the book is complete.













2 comments:

  1. Each page is 12.75 X 9.5 inches. The paper is 70 lb rough w/c paper made many years ago for Grumbacher. The original sheets were 19 X 25.5 inches. Each sheet is folded into a signature and there are five signatures for a total of forty pages
    My apologies for the way it is scanned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the simplest answer is to act

    ReplyDelete