Saturday, November 12, 2016

1438







"Nub Title"
(nub parenthetical statement)
nub follow up








Have been trying to convince myself to leave these circles/orbs/coronas behind to pursue other images. I just keep being drawn to them. They are what I think about a lot and what comes to mind when I'm in front of a piece of watercolor paper. This started while planning a book that involves spheres. It is difficult to see the project clearly but am sure I will find the way to achieve it. This started as no more than practice while working on that plan.

I have always been nearsighted. Recently had two eye operations that make it possible for me to see distances.  Have been enjoying clouds immensely. Now I'm enjoying the moon. Have never seen the moon so clearly except in photographs. Absolutely amazing is not too strong of a description.

It is making leaving these circles/spheres/coronas behind difficult. So. Please stay with me.






1 comment:

  1. 15 X 11 inch page
    22 X 30 Saunders 90 lb HP w/c paper
    (folded twice into an eight page signature)
    like a book - not that symbol -
    graphite/watercolor pencils/gouache

    ReplyDelete