Saturday, September 7, 2013

359







"Study"

image 6" X 4"
70 lb recycled drawing paper 11" X 7"


Study is exactly what I did not do. That's rather obvious. 
I have friends who talk about doing studies for composition and value and color. I should have listened to them. I could have avoided thinking I was doing one thing while actually doing another.
If I told you this turned out to be what I was thinking I would be lying. Of course during cutting and printing time I found more art materials. That was the reason for this exercise. And if I can refrain from repeating my mistakes along the way then this will have been worth it to me.
Rothko called this one an explosion. Which is really good because usually he doesn't even bother to look at my work.






post only
Ersatz Lascaux
in this space


CAUTION!!!
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE EXPLOSIVE
DEVICE WILL DETONATE OPENING
THIS CLAMSHELL PACKAGE AFTER
THREE (3) FAILED ATTEMPTS PLEASE
KEEP FINGERS CLEAR!!!









1 comment:

  1. Does anyone know how to repair the comment section of this blog?

    ballard@ballardborich.com

    ReplyDelete